Any way to show fields from parent issue and subtasks in filter results?

Ian Balas December 27, 2018

Hey guys

If you take a look at the screenshot I provided, you'll see a Filter Results gadget that I created to show only standard tasks (or what we refer to as "Jobs").

The marketing team at my company wants to see a filter results gadget that would show subtasks AS WELL AS the Summary field of its parent task.

Is this possible through JQL?

Screenshot (168).png

2 answers

0 votes
Ian Balas December 27, 2018

Hey @Sid,

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, that's not exactly what I'm looking for.

What I meant to say before was that I want to create a "Filter Results" gadget that would show subtasks (and fields of subtasks), as well as the "summary" field from the parent issues of the subtasks in the same gadget

I get that this solution would display the subtasks of parent issues, yet I want to see other fields within the linked issues...if that makes sense

0 votes
Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2018

Hi @Ian Balas,

If you want all the list of parent and subtask - you can use "Project = MAR", if that is not you are looking for this thread might help - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Searching-for-subtasks-of-parents-that-meet-certain-criteria/qaq-p/39736

Suggest an answer