Any way to have a Component Based Burndown Chart?

Facundo Carril December 27, 2017

I've been looking for a solution for this for a couple of weeks now. Tried some JQL based add ons, but with no success.

What I want to achieve is to have 3 or 4 component based burndown charts available on my dashboard (one for dev, one for art, one for UI. etc).

Any add on recommendations that work for the Cloud version would be welcomed!

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2017

I would say you should be able to get this done with EazyBI. You can find an example of a Sprint Burndown report in the EazyBI documentation. If you replace the sprint with your Components, I guess you're on a good path.

EazyBI reports can be included on a Jira Dashboard. You can even include full EazyBI dashboards with several reports on a Jira dashboard. 

Facundo Carril December 28, 2017

This looks really complicated, I've tried to get it working and I could do most of the things in that tutorial, but cannot get Story Points Remaining to show up in Measures even after importing issue change history when I import the data set.

Do you know of any simpler solution? This eazyBI add on looks a bit overkill for what I need...

Thx anyways!

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2018

Hi Facundo,

I am Lauma from eazyBI support.

If you are still interested in investigating eazyBI for your reporting needs, please see also Story point burn-down chart for selected Epic in our demo account. Unlike the Sprint burn down chart, this does not use Time dimension. As Components do not have start and end date, I thought this report might be closer to what you are looking for. You would just change the Epic Link dimension from Page to Project dimension / component level.

Note that you can export the report definition and import it to your account.

If you have further questions, feel free to contact us also on support@eazybi.com

Kind regards,
Lauma

Suggest an answer