Any way to generate a report on total number of story points completed over a period of time?

Matt Wetzel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 25, 2019

Hi all, my team has been a little disorganized recently, and we're looking to figure out our trends in story points completed per week and month. This used to be pretty easy to do with sprints, but we've changed to a process where each project has it's own sprint, and they don't line up exactly right. Is there any way to create a graph or report in JIRA that can total the story points of every issue moved from one status to the other ("in progress" to "testing" in this case) over a certain period of time? I can find a graph showing the total issues moved from one status to another, but not one that adds up the story points. I could do this manually, but I would prefer not to if there's an option.

2 answers

0 votes
Julia Denys _SaaSJet_ December 1, 2019

Hello @Matt Wetzel

You can use Time in Status for Jira Cloud to generate reports on the number of times a story points have been completed over a certain period of time.

When using this add-on, just add a custom "story points" column to your report grid and later export the data to build charts.

To add a column, go to the column manager and click on the story points checkbox.

story_points.png

To export the data, click on the Export button in the top right corner and choose a file format.

Hope this will help

Rebecca Mattila April 3, 2023

trying to get Story Points for the entire FY 22, but looks like it will only let me select 2 months at a time?  Anyway to get cumulative results?

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2019

I think you'd really need an add-on to achieve this.  The best in my opinion for this kind of reporting is the "EazyBI" addon:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211051/eazybi-reports-and-charts-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

Zane eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2019

Hi @Matt Wetzel ,

You can build custom analytics with eazyBI and analyze Story Points from Sprint, Time, Projector, or Epic perspective.

Check out the eazyBI Demo account with report templates to get a better understanding of tool capabilities and whether it might be the solution for you. Feel free to explore this account; there are several examples on Stroy Point analysis as well:

https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/dashboards/5956-sprints-overview

If you have more specific questions, you may contact eazyBI Support.

Suggest an answer