Any way to determine which filters are used on dashboards?

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2013

Hey,

I'd like to list all filters and potentially map them to the dashboards they are associated to. I can find all filters in the DB (searchrequests table) but I can't seem to find a link between a dashboard and a filter.

I'd like to determine which filters (my own filters) are being used on dashboards since I want to delete a few of them. The info if a filter is being marked as a favourite is helpful but I'd need the dashboard info aswell.

Any ideas?

Cheers Christian

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2013
SELECT * FROM `jira_prod`.`portalpage` p inner join portletconfiguration c on p.id = c.portalpage 
LEFT JOIN gadgetuserpreference g on c.ID = g.portletconfiguration
LEFT JOIN searchrequest s ON s.ID = SUBSTRING(g.USERPREFVALUE,8,5)   
WHERE USERPREFVALUE 
like "filter%"order by p.ID
;

Syed Khwaja Moinuddin October 4, 2022

Hi Christian,

What is 'jira_prod' here?

-Syed KM

Adrian Castillo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2023

@Syed Khwaja Moinuddin this is going to be the name of your Jira's database schema. In this case, theirs is named "jira_prod". In PostgreSQL by default it would be named "public".

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Adrian Castillo
Atlassian Support

1 vote
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2013

I think you need to join the portalpage table (dashboards) to the portletconfiguration (instance of a gadget on a dashboard) to the gadgetuserpreference (USERPREFKEY='projectorFilterId') then onto the searchrequests table..... not sure I have the stomach for doing the actual SQL myself!

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2013

Looks like you've done it ;-)

Suggest an answer