Any way to automatically assign an issue back to the reporter on resolve?

Barry Kelman November 3, 2011

Is there a way to automatically assign an issue back to the reporter when it's resolved? Right now you have to explicitly select the assignee, or the assignment remains unchanged.

Note: we're still on version 4.0.1, and using the default workflow to which I've added the Fix Version field and one custom field.

Thanx,
Barry

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2011

You can use the 'Assing to Reporter' post function in the Resolve workflow transition

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2011

And remove the field from the screen, as the post function will override anything the user puts in.

Mark MacVicar January 16, 2015

Sadly as Nic pointed out, the post function clobbers anything you put in the field, and prevents you from assigning to anyone else. What is really needed is a way to set the default assignee on resolve to the reporter.

Adam Klinkosz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 31, 2016

Is this "post-function" feature available in JIRA v5.0.3?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2016

Yes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events