Any way to add general project notes?

Pieter Verbeke August 27, 2012

Hi,

We've been using Jira On Demand for some weeks now, but we can't find a way to add general project information.

As administrator I can add info the the summary tab, but our users have no permissions to change the summary info (meant to be).

Is there a way to add an extra tab or something like this where any user can add/change general project info?

I think I found a plugin which could solve my problem, but this is not for the on demand version: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.deiser.jira.profields

Best Regards,

Pieter

1 answer

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2012

Hi, for OnDemand, the best I can think of is to go to Administration->Projects->Pick the Project you need->Eidt Project(far right)->Description. This is a box that appears on the summary page.

Pieter Verbeke August 27, 2012

Hi, thanks for answer, however it doesn't solve my problem :)

I can indeed edit the project summery descriptions (Admin), but my users can't and I don't want to give them the permission to edit the project details. Or is there a way to give users only access to edit the summary description of the project and nothing els?

If not it would be great if there was a simple 'add note' function on the project level.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2012

Not really - Jira doesn't do "project level fields". Atlassian have shied away from doing it for a long time - I suspect part of the reason is "get confluence and describe the project in there", and another one is that there's a plugin that provides these fields and they avoid stepping on their partner's toes. Sadly, you can't use the plugin in OnDemand.

There's no way to delegate the permissions you need either - you're either a system admin or you're a user.

Several places I've worked keep a list of projects in another project and get administrators to link in the project description (e.g. "Project Hexabob has data held on issue JP-42"). It's not ideal, but can help.

Suggest an answer