Any search apps that can give me the revolving last X number of sprints to see trends?

Deleted user September 16, 2022

Hello,

We are using various charts with JIRA dashboards for our team metrics and was hoping to see if there was a search app within the marketplace that has ability to see the last X number of completed sprints.

Ex. I want to see last 6 sprints trend of various metrics and have that keep evolving to show the last 6 sprints as we keep moving forward throughout the year.

I'm currently using "Resolved > X/X/XXX" as a hardcoded way but was hoping we could find a more dynamic way to do this so we don't have to update it every sprint

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2022

Hi @[deleted] 

I would be surprised if there is not a gadget in the Atlassian Marketplace which can show the last X-sprints...

The key may be: what "various metrics" are you wanting to observe?  I would list what you want/need, use some keyword searches to find apps, check their documentation/examples, and then install some as trials to see what you find.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira

If you cannot find what you want, you could also use the Google Sheets or Excel addins from Atlassian to build your own, based on JQL results.  Or for more accuracy, call the REST API to pull in the issue change histories in other reporting tools.

Kind regards,
Bill

Deleted user September 19, 2022

@Bill Sheboy 

Thanks for the follow-up. Specifically I'm looking to be able to see the rolling 3 month trend for things like:
- Planned vs Actuals - Of the X points we originally committed to how much of those were completed. JIRA's out of the box velocity shows completed as anything in the sprint regardless of it was added later. We're ultimately trying to measure predictability within our teams and understand where teams are getting disrupted.

- Custom field reporting - We utilize a couple custom fields to group Epics into categories to see all work completed in a sprint that rolled up towards certain business objectives (essentially what % of points completed tied to what objective)

We are able to capture these by sprint fairly easily its the hardcoding of each sprint to get a rolling quarterly trend that is slightly frustrating and fairly manual to do. Unless you are aware of a trick that might help us? We tried doing something like "Resolved < -90d" but that then messes up the earliest sprint halfway through our 2 week cycles because its now only looking at the 2nd week of the sprint that was 90 days ago if that makes sense.

Will take your advice and just do searching through the marketplace apps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events