Another assignee does not see himself on the board assigned

Tymur Chornyy October 4, 2019

Hi everybody! I have two fields inside each task "Assignee" and "Another assignee". But the role "Another assignee" can't see himself on the board Assigned to me. How can I configure that?

4 answers

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi @Tymur Chornyy

So each user has a personal board (eg. one Kanban Board each)?

If yes, you can just edit the board's filter query to manage this - to locate this:

• Go to Options (3-dots in upper-right) > Board Settings
  • In General, press Edit Filter Query
  • Enhance the filter query - such as: assignee = currentuser() or "another assignee" = currentuser()

If the user wants to see which issues are assigned from which field - you could add quick filters or swimlanes with additional filters to visualise this.

If these aren't personal boards but dashboards or something else - let me know and I'll be happy to help further :)

Ste

0 votes

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 
No, actually we have one sprint board for the project. And we have a certain range of tasks in it. Each of these tasks has two assignees (major assignee and another assignee). When the common assignee goes to the board and processes filtering (by pressing the personal icon button) he sees his tasks only where he is major assignee. My goal is to let him view not only that tasks but also the tasks where he is another assignee after filtering. 

Thanks for the answer!

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi @Tymur Chornyy

Then see my original response - it's not possible to edit the personal icon button, you'd need to use a quick filter :)

Ste

0 votes

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ Thanks for the answer!
Yes, it is a custom picker field. It was created to let 2 different people work on the same issue. 
So, the goal for me is to configure the system in such a way that both of the assignees will be able to see the same task on their personal boards.

Can I do sth with that?

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2019

Hi @Tymur Chornyy

I assume "Another Assignee" is a custom user picker field?

In regards to seeing "Another Assignee", do you mean as the assignee icon (the circle on a card)? This isn't possible to edit - but there are alternatives for additional user pickers:

• Add Quick Filters to the board for assignees who are a part of "Another Assignee"
  • Add the field to the "People" section on the issue detail views

Ste

Suggest an answer