Announcement Banner Configuration on Cloud

Hi,

How can I configure an Announcement Banner on cloud? I login as administrator and go to Setting>User Interface section but I can't see an Announcement banner menu.announcemnt.jpg

Thank you so much.

1 answer

0 vote

Hi @Phongsatorn Srikriputtana

It appears that this functionality does not yet exist in the new Jira experience, which is why you cannot reach that admin page to edit this announcement banner yet.

There is an existing request to add this back to the new interface in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-67563

Alternatively, you can turn off the new Jira interface in order to reach this page that way.

Regards,

Andy

Hi @Andrew Heinzer

Thank you so much for your answer. I tried to turn off the new Jira interface but I can't find this menu to turn off.

Do you have any suggestion about how to turn off the new Jira interface?

Thank you so much.

Phongsatorn S.

Hi,

You should be able to turn this off by following the steps at the bottom of Introducing your new Jira experience:

You should be able to click on your user avatar to bring up a menu like this to turn this off.

turnoffexp.png

However there are certain Jira Cloud instances that might have been opted into a trial program that currently does not have this menu option.

If you do not see this menu option in your Cloud instance, could you please let me know the URL of your Cloud instance so that we can investigate this further.

Thanks

Andy

Hi,

I can't see this menu on my Jira Cloud instance. Here is the URL :

https://humanica.atlassian.net

Please investigate this issue for me.

Thank you so much.

Phongsatorn S.

Hi @Phongsatorn Srikriputtana

I was able to reach out to Jira new experience team in regards to your instance.   For the time being we have excluded your Cloud instance from this new UI.   As such you should be able to retain using this announcement banner as needed.

Please let me know if this is working for you now or not.

Andy

Hi,

It still not work for me and I can't see the announcement banner menu. I think I will not set the announcement banner now because I don't want to change the UI to the old experience because of my users. So, I will be waiting for the fixed issue of Jira cloud.

Thank you so much.

Phongsatorn S.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

618 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you