Analog Attachment-Plug-in

Aleksandr January 15, 2016

I want to create plug-in for attach files to the issue, but to load them to the specific place (local folder, or FTP-server for example). Standard path (confluence-attachments-plugin) are not suitable.

How is better to implement it?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2016

You'll need to hack the core code if you want to retain the same behaviour inside the application (by the way, you've mentioned Confluence and then labelled it JIRA - which one are you trying to do this in?)

If you're happy to turn off the "attachments" function in the system, then you can do this as an add-on.  The add-on will need to provide the connection to your storage, and any interfaces you want to expose in the application (e.g. displaying file contents, links to them, using them in macros/text boxes etc, and interfaces for upload/delete)

If you want to carry on using the current interfaces in the target system, then you'll need to hack the core code to make it able to use your storage. If you're going to go that way, the most simple approach really is to touch just the storage and continue to let JIRA/Confluence handle all the upload/download/naming etc as though it were using the built-in storage.

However, given that I've started on the technical answer, and got to a point where you need to make a decision on the route, I've also got to ask why.  Why are you trying to do this?  What's wrong with the standard storage that makes you think you have to do this?  There's probably a far cheaper, faster, and better way to solve the problem than embarking on a major development project (or a good chance that someone has already written something to solve it if it really is that big an issue)

Aleksandr January 17, 2016

Thank you, Nic Brough, for your answer!

Standard storage is good, but I want   in addition to add a separate storage for certain files.

Approximately, I think about pop up window, where I can choose file, for attach, and upload this file to my folder. But I don't know, how I can do this...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2016

I'm afraid "I want separate storage" does not answer the question.  Why are you doing this?

Aleksandr January 21, 2016

I need this, because I want sort  this files. And do with them other procedure.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2016

I'm sorry, "sort files" where?  In the UI, it would be a minor and useless change in behaviour, and certainly wouldn't need you to write a whole new storage system, and I can't think of anything else that you might mean by "sort".  "Doing other things with files" tells us nothing

Could you please explain what you are actually trying to achieve?   What use would this be?  What is the use-case?

Suggest an answer