An error occurred while trying to retrieve recent activity

vinay October 5, 2015

An error occurred while trying to retrieve recent activity. Hi,The default system dashboard's config was never touched, nor was the activity stream plugin. But below error occurred "An error occurred while trying to retrieve recent activity."When editing the Activity Stream plugin while the error is showing, I see: Available Streams Each stream can be toggled and customised individually. JIRA(add filter) Confluence(add filter)Both JIRA and Confluence are checked. I do not have any filters setup for either of these. If I uncheck one of the two leaving only a single stream is shows up. It will not work with both enabled.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2015

Maybe it's timing out? Can you double check?

vinay October 6, 2015

I tried to un-check every thing other than JIRA (only JIRA should be checked) In the "Available Streams" section.
And saved the settings. its working now. If I enable both JIRA and confluence it doesn't work..

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2015

Ah that's why :)

Pete P January 5, 2016

I have the same issue, all of a sudden it stops working when both Jira and Confluence are checked. However with only Jira checked the stream is working...

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2016

Try to add filters so that the activity stream won't load too much all at once.

Pete P January 5, 2016

Gabbie, it is set to 10 and has been working with that setting (default?) for several years. Not sure why all of a sudden she stops...

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2016

Can you check the logs on what happened?

Pete P January 5, 2016

Sure, where would the logs be located. I see the activity logs, is there another location I should check?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2016

catalina and atlassian jira logs. Check if there's something that can help us out.

0 votes
Andriy Yakovlev _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2016

This problem looks similar to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-62194

Please check if you have same NPE:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.util.SystemUtils.getAllProjectKeys(SystemUtils.java:137)

It was fixed in recent version of plugin and bundled with JIRA 7.1+

Suggest an answer