It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Alter or Delete a Private Filter owned by an Old Employee

We had an employee named Bob who worked for our company.  He created a Private Filter and subscribed our Executive team to it.

I am now tasked with altering the filter.  Bob isn't even a user anymore in our User Management, and I can't see the filter in System > Settings > Shared Filters.

I'd also settle with just unsubscribing the Executive team from that filter and creating a new one.

I am the system admin.

4 answers

Hi Steven,

If you're on server, you may be able to do this by changing the filter owner in the database.

I'd change it to myself, then delete the filter. Then I'd run the integrity checker to erase all of the now invalid subscriptions on that filter. 

Are you on server?

No, we're just using the online Jira.  We are not hosting our own server.

You may need to contact Atlassian support to help you clear this out then, 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Hello Steven,

This is one of those pain in the neck issues.

There is an OPEN issue for this in Jira Cloud. You can vote that issue.

And here, you can find some workarounds.

Hope it helps.

Unfortunately, those fixes are all unrelated and unworkable for Cloud.  I reviewed the Open Issue though.  Thank you for that link.

This is one of those pain in the neck issues.

0 votes

Hello,

In Cloud you can try to login under the old user and delete the filter.

You can find this user in the User Management and login under this user

As I mentioned, Bob is no longer in User Management.  He isn't on the team anymore.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

231 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you