Allowing user to select a group on a certain condition

Rosana Casilli December 30, 2020

Hello all!!

I have another question today.

In my workflow I am using a recursive workflow just to change a user group. 

They have three user groups, lest say L1, L2, and L3

They asked me to restrict that members of L1 can't not change the user group to L3

How can i do that? We do not have scrip runner or any plugging

Thanks in advance, 

Ro

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

you would need an app for that, e.g. scriptrunner. You might consider a different approach to get you part of the way there, e.g. differently issue types (L1, L2, L3) and restrict the ability to move based upon group permissions. In this case a L3 person would need to move the L1/2 issue into their queue. Further prevent who can be assigned to L1/2/3 issues. Just a thought.

Rosana Casilli December 30, 2020

Thank Jack!

so it needs to be done using script runner.

can you give me an example on how to restrict base on group permissions?

Thanks in advance

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

I don't actually use SR (anymore) so can't give you a good example. However, here is one old post on this topic...

Format-to-restrict-certain-values-of-single-select-drop-down 

you might search for others in the Community and also check the docs.

Also, you might wish to consider Power Scripts which is another good tool to evaluate if you are looking to add scripting solution to your instance.

One final thought here. There may be an OOTB solution (a bit hacky) using Automation. The idea would be to trigger on the issue being updated (assignee) and check to see if they person triggering the event is allowed to assign to the current assignee and if not revert the assignee. So in effect they can change it but Automation reverts the change and should add a comment so the person doesn't just keep trying over and over. ;-) Kludgy 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events