Allow customer to see specific Company Managed Project?

jeremiah_landi May 19, 2023

Hello,

I setup JIRA a long time ago in the cloud focused on internal projects for my company; right now I have external "customers" that need access to a Company Managed board. I have read several solutions that require creating a wide range of groups and then changing the default schemes in JIRA.

I was informed that there was a "check box" that needed to be checked when setting up a JIRA for the first time. I was wondering if anyone would be able to point me at documentation around this "check box" and or tell me if there is a definitive guide for this process.

I have JIRA Premium with a Sandbox.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

You are correct, you would need to change the permission scheme used by your projects so you can control how have access to each project, and this is done either via groups or I would recommend that you use project roles instead to decide who can browse the project. That way you can control that access from within each project instead of having to add users to different groups.

Regarding the checkbox, the only one I can think of when you create a new project would be if you want to share configuration with an existing project. Do you happen to know what the checkbox you are looking for would do for you?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events