Allow a user edit all issues created by a specific group of users

Samuel Sun May 24, 2014

I have some users and they are all in a group "System consultant". I have a user whose job is to check issues created by this group of users. This user need to editi issues created by this group of users only, not those issues created by others. Is it possible to do this in JIRA? Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Julia Levcovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2014

the easiest way to achieve that is to write a custom postfunction (as a part of plugin https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Creating+Workflow+Extensionsor as a groovy script postfucntion https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Post+Functions) that will check if user is inside a certain group, and if yes - save that group in hidden group field.

And your permission scheme can be updated for that group with "group custom field" as the permission actor

Samuel Sun May 26, 2014

Hi George,

Thanks for your response.

Your suggestion involves coding. Can I do this as we use onDemand?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2014

No, you can't use the script runner plugin on OnDemand, and you can't upload the type of plugin this sort of coding approach requires.

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2014

Hi,

I think that you can do it adding a group custom field or a user custom field which you set to the group of this user or set the user when creating issue by this group. and in the project permission scheme, in the edit permession put your group custom field or user custom field

This link can give you help

Managing Project Permissions

Samuel Sun May 25, 2014

Hi Zezeto,

Thank you for the response.

I am not sure if I understand you correctly. Your answer seems to be the solution of filtering users who have permission to edit all issues. But the question is about permission for a user to edit a filtered set of issues.

Suggest an answer