Allow a particular user group to edit custom field

Abdul June 6, 2021

I have a date picker custom field name SLA Due Date. This field needs to be present on both create and edit screen and should be visible all the time to all users.

Only a group of team lead users should be able to edit this field.   

Can you please advise how do I achieve this ?

Happy add automation rule or groovy script if it is needed. Appreiciate a code snippet to start with.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 vote
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2021

Hi @Abdul If you have a Script Runner plugin installed, you apply Bhevaiour on that field.

Otherwise use solution suggest by @Tuncay Senturk 

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/behaviours/field-readonly-except-role.html

Thanks

V.Y

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2021

Hi @Abdul 

No need to code for this. You can simply define a workflow transition to the same status (which you want this field editable) and give the permission only to the group so that they will only see the transition. Add a transition screen with the field SLA Due Date.

That should do the trick.

I hope it helps

Best

Suggest an answer