Allow Public to View JIRA Issues

I have seen people saying they could allow public viewing of JIRA issues by setting the Issue Browse Permissions to "Group (Anyone)" - this does not work for me.  I set this but the issue still can not be seen by the public.  

I did the same for the entire project and now I can browse the project but it states that I do not have any issues present when not logged in.  The issue itself is absolutely set to the security scheme I created "All" which has "Group (Anyone)" for Browse Options set.

I want my users to be able to VIEW the Public JIRA Projects we make so they can track our issues without signing up.  Beta case they could also sign up for email notifications (watch) any issue they'd like.

2 answers

Have you tried setting the security level to "none"?

Good hint. For example, we have our Issue Security level to Private and it works as expected.

If you don't want to make the whole project public maybe this plugin is a possibility for you:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/aptis.plugins.issueViewer

With this plugin you can give customers a view of a issue without have an own JIRA account for each customer and secured with a token.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

46 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you