All issues, even older than 2 weeks appeared on my Kanban board! I used filters before that.

Krishna Singh April 4, 2024

[Am I asking the right question?]

All issues, even older than 2 weeks appeared on my Kanban board! I used filters before that. 

I understand the concept,"It's based on the "Updated" date. It doesn't matter when the issue was completed, if it's updated, it will appear back on the board until the selected "Hide when completed" timeout occurs (again, based on the "Updated" date)." I have checked the solutions online and everything is correct by the book, but still something is missed.

Also, is there any way to check the logs for these kinds of activities?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024

Hi Krishna,

What type of project is this? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management? 

Krishna Singh April 8, 2024

It is a company-managed Project.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2024

Very good - thanks for the info. It should be based on the Resolution Date and not the Updated date. Do you have a post function in place that is setting the Resolution? If the issue is moving out of the completed status and back in again that would update the Resolution (Resolved Date in this case). Is that what is happening? 

Thank you for your response,

"Do you have a post function in place that is setting the Resolution?"I am not sure what a post function here implies. 

"If the issue is moving out of the completed status and back in again that would update the Resolution (Resolved Date in this case). Is that what is happening? ". Yes, that is what is happening.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2024

That's why it keeps coming back. It is based on the Resolved date not just that it is updated. So if it moves out of a Done status and then back into a Done status, the Resolved date is getting set again. So technically, the board is correct in that it is showing issues that have been marked Resolved in the last two weeks. 

So what do you suggest I should do or change now?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2024

What exactly is it that you are wanting it to do? 

I want that my issues, older than two weeks should not appear on my board, and those which appeared for some reason I am unable to figure out, should disappear again.😅

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2024

Very good - you can change the Sub-filter to not show those. 

Go to Configure Board > General and then scroll down near the bottom. Add a Sub-filter or update the one there to include AND statusCategory != Done

That will hide all Done cards. 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events