Alert for overdue tasks

Carlo Anapoli July 18, 2019

I'm testing Jira in order to evaluate its implementing in my company as a tool for project management.

I have a question about the overdue task.

I set the due date on the single task and I assigned the task to my collaborator.

My collaborator ignored the task and he didn't compleate it within the date. Jira didn't give any alert.

Is there a simply way for notify this? I mean, can I set something in order to receive an email or a notification when a task is overdue?

Many thanks

Carlo

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2019

Hi Carlo,

as Alexey mentioned you can use group filter subscriptions for this but the possibilities are limited. So if you're looking for a more advanced solution like increasing the priority for issues with an upcoming due date, adding comments to such issues, sending notifications, etc. Have a look at available automation apps on the Atlassian Marketplace. You could, for example, have a scheduled rule running every workday in the morning to look for that kind of issues to perform actions on them.

Best, Max

Many thanks Max,

can you give me any suggestions about automation app on Marketplace?

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2019

Hey Carlo,

from my experience very versatile automation tools (listing and reacting to Jira events, scheduling, lots of possible magic) available on the marketplace are:

So depending on your requirements, deployment and budget have a look at all of them and find what suits you best.

Let me just add that we're are the guys behind Automation Toolbox. So if you should have any questions about our app, just let me know and I'm happy to answer them.

Best, Max

Carlo Anapoli August 7, 2019

Thanks

Judy Colonero October 23, 2019

Hi Max,

I created a test group and added a few people to it.  I set a subscription on my filter to that group and it seems to only push a notification out to me.  My filter is open not private.  Any ideas why the notifications might not be going to others?

Thanks,

Judy

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2020

Hi @Judy Colonero

I'm so sorry! I missed your response here. Does the problem still persist? I'd love to assist you. And if you were able to solve it, please let me know what has been causing the issue. :)

Best, Max

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2019

Hello,

You can create a filter to find such tasks:

duedate < now()

Then you can subscribe to this filter, which means that you will get result of this filter to your mail by schedule. You can find more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver073/working-with-search-results-861256302.html#Workingwithsearchresults-subscribeSubscribingtoyoursearchresults

Ok, I try.

Many thanks :)

0 votes
Elly February 4, 2020

@Max Foerster - K15t 

Hiya max would you be able to give a step by step on your answer above? thanks.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2020

Hi @Elly ,

what exactly do you need help with? The filter subscription part or using one of the available automation apps on the marketplace?

Best, Max

Suggest an answer