It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Alert for overdue tasks

I'm testing Jira in order to evaluate its implementing in my company as a tool for project management.

I have a question about the overdue task.

I set the due date on the single task and I assigned the task to my collaborator.

My collaborator ignored the task and he didn't compleate it within the date. Jira didn't give any alert.

Is there a simply way for notify this? I mean, can I set something in order to receive an email or a notification when a task is overdue?

Many thanks

Carlo

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Carlo,

as Alexey mentioned you can use group filter subscriptions for this but the possibilities are limited. So if you're looking for a more advanced solution like increasing the priority for issues with an upcoming due date, adding comments to such issues, sending notifications, etc. Have a look at available automation apps on the Atlassian Marketplace. You could, for example, have a scheduled rule running every workday in the morning to look for that kind of issues to perform actions on them.

Best, Max

Many thanks Max,

can you give me any suggestions about automation app on Marketplace?

Hey Carlo,

from my experience very versatile automation tools (listing and reacting to Jira events, scheduling, lots of possible magic) available on the marketplace are:

So depending on your requirements, deployment and budget have a look at all of them and find what suits you best.

Let me just add that we're are the guys behind Automation Toolbox. So if you should have any questions about our app, just let me know and I'm happy to answer them.

Best, Max

Hi Max,

I created a test group and added a few people to it.  I set a subscription on my filter to that group and it seems to only push a notification out to me.  My filter is open not private.  Any ideas why the notifications might not be going to others?

Thanks,

Judy

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello,

You can create a filter to find such tasks:

duedate < now()

Then you can subscribe to this filter, which means that you will get result of this filter to your mail by schedule. You can find more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver073/working-with-search-results-861256302.html#Workingwithsearchresults-subscribeSubscribingtoyoursearchresults

Ok, I try.

Many thanks :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

314 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you