Alert Message when SLA is going to breach

DevaKiran January 19, 2020

Hi,

I am using Jira Software cloud. I have a requirement to show an alert message when the SLA is going to breach. For SLA purpose I am using "SLA Time and Report" add-on.

How do I achieve this using Script Runner ? Could anyone please help me on this.

Thanks in Advance !!!

Regards

Deva

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 9, 2020

Hi @DevaKiran 

Now at SLA Time and Report is available notification when SLA is going to breach, you just need to update it to the new version

.picturemessage_4sheuqie.cav.png

DevaKiran April 13, 2020

Thank you Zoryana for the udpate.

Regards

Deva

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 21, 2020

Dear @DevaKiran 

Team of SLA Time and Report is already working on developing the email notification (when the SLA is going to breach). We plan to add it near a month.

We would appreciate your patience!

Best Regards,
Zoryana,
SaaSJet Team

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2020

Hi Deva,

I can confirm with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud that it is not possible to pop up an alert or dialogue box due to the fact that Atlassian does not provide do not provide any Rest API's to display a dialogue.

This means that achieving your requirement of popping up a dialogue when the SLA is about to breach will not be possible due to the reason stated above.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

DevaKiran January 20, 2020

Thank you Kristian for the quick response.

Is there any other way that user can be notified(other than the popup message or a dialogue) when the SLA is going to Breach?

Regards

Deva

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2020

Hi Deva,

I can confirm that Atlassian provides the Notify rest API which can be used to send an email and is documented here.

Using this API you could look to send an email notification.

I can confirm that the example located here provides an example of how to call the Notify API and will be a useful reference guide to help you to create the script that you require. 

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer