Agile Cards does not see the Epic Link field

Anna S September 8, 2014

We are using the JIRA Agile plugin which comes with Epic Link field (short name for an Epic) on an Epic issue type. The Agile Cards plugin does not see this field - it is missing from the list of possible fields.

We want to print this field when we print an Epic.

Can we count on a fix?

6 answers

0 votes
Mikołaj Żyromski September 22, 2014

Hi again. The fix is ready. We're going to release new Agile Cards version in a few days, so please stay tuned.

0 votes
Mikołaj Żyromski September 22, 2014

I'll investigate it. Please see https://jira.spartez.com/browse/SPP-522 for reference.

0 votes
Anna S September 22, 2014

Yup, that's the problem.

0 votes
Mikołaj Żyromski September 21, 2014

Hi,

Sorry for such a delayed response.

On my JIRA instance it's quite opposite, i.e. Epic Name appears on Epic:

epic_name.png

while Epic Link is shown on an issue that's linked to the Epic:

epic_link.png

Both fields can be selected for printing in Agile Cards configuration: Epic Name and Epic (which is in fact an alias for Epic Link which may be confusing) and both are visible on regular issue printout:
issue_print.png
Unfortunately none of them is printed on epic card though and I assume it's the problem for you? Please confirm.
Best Regards,
Mikołaj Żyromski, Spartez
0 votes
Anna S September 17, 2014

Epic Name and Epic Link are different fields. Epic Link appears on Epic. Epic Name appears on issue which is linked to Epic, usually a Story. Epic Name is supported by the plugin but Epic Link not.

0 votes
Mikołaj Żyromski September 10, 2014

Hi Anna, 

As of version 2.3.2 Agile Cards plugin handles JIRA Agile custom fields. There should be available as "Epic Name". Could you please recheck if there is such a field on the list? If it's missing, could you please let me know what are your JIRA, Agile Cards and JIRA Agile versions?

Sorry for inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Mikołaj Żyromski, Spartez

Suggest an answer