It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

After restart I have no possibility to login bitbucket and confluence using jira account Edited

I have atlassian cloud on docker:

version: '3.4'
# https://github.com/omidraha/atlassian
services:
jira:
image: cptactionhank/atlassian-jira:7.9.2
restart: always
links:
- database
volumes:
- jira-data:/var/atlassian/jira

confluence:
image: cptactionhank/atlassian-confluence:6.9.0
links:
- database
volumes:
- confluence-data:/var/atlassian/confluence

bitbucket:
image: atlassian/bitbucket-server:6.2.0
links:
- database
volumes:
- bitbucket-data:/var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket

database:
image: postgres:9.4
volumes:
- database-data:/var/lib/postgresql/data

nginx:
image: nginx
ports:
- "80:80"
links:
- jira
- confluence
- bitbucket
volumes:
- ./:/src
command: ./src/scripts/run_nginx.sh
environment:
- DOMAIN
volumes:
jira-data:
confluence-data:
bitbucket-data:
database-data:

I configured jira as user management system for bitbucket and conluence. After restart I got something like this:

confluenceerror.PNG

"You have error - please login later"

Do anybody know what should I do next to just :

Create temporary admin accounts for bitbucket / jira? I had but forgot credentials.

or

Make jira working as login provider again?

Jira health check:

jira links.PNG

But here it looks ok ...

jira links 21.PNG

I have:

- access to all databases

- access to all files

I found sth like: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/restore-bitbucket-server-s-administrator-user-779171684.html but it is for old bb version.

In my db I don`t have table

bitbucket_user 

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Sep 05, 2019

Hi,

I understand that you can login to Jira, but are unable to login to Confluence and Bitbucket after a restart of Jira.  Since you have setup Jira to be the user management server for Confluence and Bitbucket these other applications depend on Jira being up and available in order for users to be able to login to them.  I suspect that something is changing in Jira when it restarts, such as IP address or hostname.  If that happens, then the whitelisted address for this user management is likely not there.

The guide you linked is for very old bitbucket versions.  Instead try this guide to recover the login https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/lockout-recovery-process-776640158.html

Confluence 6.6 and higher will use a similar approach in https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-158390.html

I fear you will need to follow these in order to be able to login these applications as an admin once more.  Once you do that, I would want to check on the User management within those applications to make sure that you have them set to be able to use any/all addresses that the Jira server might have. 

From within Jira you can go to Gear Icon -> User management -> Jira user server  OR  /secure/admin/ConfigureCrowdServer.jspa

One this page you can see each application listed there and the IP addresses that Jira will know those applications use.  Conversely, in the other applications they have to be configured with a password and the IP addresses that Jira will use.  If Jira changes it's IP address this integration will break for the other applications.  It sounds like that is what has happened here.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

880 views 7 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you