Advice on using the next-gen projects

Tom Synnott March 17, 2019

Hi team, brand new to Jira and loving it! I have a few questions which I thought I would post here:

1. When I create a Kanban project the type is always 'software' is there anyway to change this e.g. Graphics
  2. Is the above the same as Project Categories?
  3. What is the best way to create a project, I can't see a 'Client' field so would I create a project like so... 'Client Name: iOS App'?
  4. By default the Next Gen Kanban projects only appear to have 'Stories' as issue types, are we best leaving this as is? Or should we be using Tasks and Bugs instead?
  5. Can you add a time field to issue types so we can cost out how long a task may take e.g. 10 hours
  6. For issue type default is Assignee, Labels, Story Point Estimate would anyone recommend adding any other useful fields?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Tom Synnott March 17, 2019

I also had a few more queries...

1. I create a project, and can add people to the project. If I have added members into my organisation they can see all projects anyway so I don't need to add anyone specific to a project is that correct?
  2. Is there a way to setup global settings for a project for the issue types? It seems I can individually customise but if I want to add a due date to 'Story' for all projects, how would this be achieved?
  3. Labels for tasks, should these be broad or granular e.g. Web Design, Development or are they to be used in a different way?

Suggest an answer