Advanced Roadmaps - capacity planning cross projects

Deleted user January 8, 2021

I'm trialling the use of Advanced Roadmaps at the moment and getting stuck on some (likely straightforward) set up. 

I've created my shared teams and allocated people to them. All issues have a 'team' assigned to them. I've created a 'plan' and configured it to look at a filter query (Team = [team name here]). 

I can see my issues flushing through to the plan but am struggling to get the teams capacity coming in. The plan is just pulling one of the teams projects sprints through to the capacity plan. How would I create a sprint on the plan which can pull through issues from multiple projects? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2021

To create a plan with multiple projects content in it, you are best to filter the content in via Boards or the whole project (as long as the projects aren't to large), rather than using a Filter.

I find, using boards that are filtered by "Team" works well. 

Also, ensure each shared team has that same board as the "Associated issue source". 

Once this is all set-up, go to View settings of the relevant plan and Group by "Team" and ensure that the Show capacity on timeline is ticked. This will show each teams Sprints and team level capacity on your plan.

See here for more details: https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/managing-capacity-998651192.html

Deleted user January 10, 2021

Thank you Curt, that has worked a treat! 

Like Curt Holley likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events