Advanced Roadmap Plans (not seeing Done items that have resolutions)

Neil Wills May 26, 2023

With Advanced Roadmap Plans I am not seeing Done items that have resolutions after following a prior recommendation.

screenshot.pngCapture.JPG

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Neil Wills May 30, 2023

Check the ^

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2023

Hi @Neil Wills,

There may be several reasons for this. Hard to tell from your screenshots which one is most likely, but things you may want to check:

• You are in the top level planning view. It is not the initial view anymore (which I see from the edited lozenge), but make sure that you are seeing all relevant levels of your issue hierarchy to display the missing issue(s). 
  • Maybe more likely: advanced roadmaps is a planning tool. Hence, resolved issues will be automatically removed from your plan after a certain amount of time (30 days by default). You can check that setting in your plan configuration / exclusion rules.
  • While you are in plan settings, also check if there's any other settings in exclusion rules that may hide your issue(s) from the plan.

Hope this helps! 

Neil Wills May 26, 2023

inputsource.JPGexclusion.JPGCapture.JPGtoplevel.JPG

Neil Wills May 27, 2023

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/troubleshoot-missing-issues-in-your-plan/

Issue was completed more than 30 days ago
By default, Advanced Roadmaps doesn’t display issues completed in Jira Software more than 30 days ago. You can adjust this timeframe to suit your planning needs.

To adjust the number of completed issues displayed in your plan:

Select Plan settings from the left side navigation.

Select Exclusion rules.

Enter the number of days you’d like completed issues to stay in your plan in the Exclude any completed issues after field. Advanced Roadmaps will automatically save your updates.

By default, Advanced Roadmaps excludes issues completed in Jira Software more than 30 days ago.

Neil Wills May 27, 2023

so  I changed the value from 0 to 365 :-)

and there are the issues

Neil Wills May 30, 2023

I determined that this issue was a problem between the chair and the keyboard.

Ensuring the filters are cleared, and that input sources were project and not board with filters, we were able to see the to\open\done items

0 votes
Mario Kalanja
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 9, 2023

I have a similar issue with Done Tasks not showing in Advanced Roadmaps.

I have one Jira project, and 2 plans. For one plan it shows Done issues, even when they are unresolved. In the other plan they don't show. So i made an automation that every Done task is automatically getting the Resolution status Done, but these Tasks still not show in the plan. 

I checked the issue source: Filter - for both plans, the filter shows done issues in the issue filter, but in the plan they don't appear - why. It's not the 30days setting as well, I just created and closed the issue today, and I have no exclusion settings enabled.

BR

Mario

PS: This problem is up for such a long time, many people are looking for their done issues and Jira Advanced Roadmap still hides them - why don't you change that if so many people having issues with that?

Mario Kalanja
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 9, 2023

This issue with the unresolved task that is showing is a task with subtasks that are all done. All other done tasks have a resolution of Done as well. And they are shown in this one plan, but not in the other one.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events