Advanced Roadmap Cannot link child to parent above epic

rihab.kordane March 20, 2023

Hello,

I've created the issue types Theme and Initiative above epic in the issue hierarchy, even though the parent link show on both of them in my project, i cannot link initiative to theme nor epic to initiative. Any help please on how to link Epic 1 to Initiative 1 and Initiative 1 to Theme 1? 

All items in the plan.pngIssue hierarchy.pngParent Link for Epic.pngParent Link for Initiative.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joni Johnson March 20, 2023

When looking at your images, it appears the Theme 1, Epic 1 and Initiative 1 are the same issue type by looking the the icons associated with each type that you defined in the Advance Roadmaps.  Verify that each one is the correct issue type. When you have each of them, the parent link will populate with the higher level for you to select and link.

Thank you for your answer. I do not see the parent link anymore for TES-14 and TES-15

and cannot link 15 to 14 through the epic link, any idea why? thanks for your help

#1.png#2.png#3.png

On TES-15, do you have the parent link field not the epic link? Edit TES-15, select parent link field and enter TES-14 and set that way. In our setup, we are editing the child and enter the parent to tie them together.  The Epic Link field is used on Stories, Tasks, and other issue types at that level to group those items to the Epic issue type. The parent link is the field used on the Epic issue type to link to the next higher level. The level above the Epic issue type uses parent link to link to the next higher level above it.

Parent Link.jpg

FYI Theme is your highest level and should not have a parent link field available.

Thank you so much, all good now!

#4.png

I am so glad I could help. I have spent some time with Advanced Roadmaps and hope to learn even more. 

Like rihab.kordane likes this

I just started with Advanced Roadmaps, still have a lot to learn :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events