Advanced JQL now including issues from all searched projects

Casper Hjorth Christensen July 9, 2021

Hello Community

I have the following JQL, that my team and I are using on our board, however it has come to our attention that none of the issues in Project "C" is shown/Included in the search.

(project = "A" OR project = "B OR (project = "C" AND component in (Atlassian, Confluence, Jira))) AND (labels not in (masdiverse) OR labels is EMPTY) AND (resolutiondate >= -7d OR resolution is EMPTY)

We've checked the issues we want to see from Project "C" have the component of either Atlassian, Confluence, or Jira.
We've checked that the issues do not have any labels, and that they do not have a resolution set.

Any Ideas on what could be wrong with the JQL?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2021

Hi @Casper Hjorth Christensen ,

With the JQL 

project = "C" AND component in (Atlassian, Confluence, Jira) AND (labels not in (masdiverse) OR labels is EMPTY) AND (resolutiondate >= -7d OR resolution is EMPTY)

do you get issues as a result?

Regards, Marco

You are right - i dont...

Removing the Labels part of the JQL gets me the results. 

Adding any form of label search removes the results.

No idea why tho..

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2021

Hi, do you get a result with only

labels not in (masdiverse) OR labels is EMPTY

?

And is 

labels != masdiverse OR labels is EMPTY 

a option?

Regards, Marco

Casper Hjorth Christensen July 11, 2021

@Marco Brundel 

Nope, any label search within my project "C" doesn't work. hmm could be that labels aren't used in the project, but I guess it should then fall under the "empty" variable

1 vote
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2021

Hi @Casper Hjorth Christensen ,

And could this JQL be an alternative?

(Project IN (A, B) AND (labels not in (masdiverse) OR labels is EMPTY) AND (resolutiondate >= -7d OR resolution is EMPTY)) OR (project = "C" AND component in (Atlassian, Confluence, Jira))) AND (labels not in (masdiverse) OR labels is EMPTY) AND (resolutiondate >= -7d OR resolution is EMPTY)

Regards, Marco 

Hi Marco

Thanks for giving it a try, I've just tried it out, unfortunately, I get the same results/Issue count, thus still missing issues from Project C

Suggest an answer