Admin AND Project Admin

Ingo Kaun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2012

I am fairly new to JIRA and have a question about permissions.

We currently have the standard permission types: jira-administrator, jira-developer and jira-user. The only jira-admin we have is our CEO. For our various projects we have different project admins. These project admins are only supposed to see their own projects and be able to make any changes they want to these projects. They are not supposed to see any project they are not involved in.

What do I have to do to have 1 super-admin (our CEO), who can see and make changes to ALL projects and have various project admins, who can only make changes to the projects they are supervising?

Thanks for the help in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ingo Kaun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2012

resolved

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2012
Not quite sure what you mean by permission types. I assume you mean the groups jira-administrators, jira-developers and jira-users. i'd recommend to create a permission scheme that gives the permission to administer projects to your CEO and the role "project administrators" . Assign this scheme to all projects.

Suggest an answer