Adding the status buttons to the Assign screen

Ayelet (888) February 4, 2014

My users are lazy with changing the statuses. I would like to add the status buttons to the Assign screen so that whenever they assign the task to someone else, they will also change the status - all in the same screen.

Can that be done?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2014

it is simple, just add the assignee field to the workflow transition, for example when issue moving from New -----> Working, add the assignee button on working transition screen!

Ayelet (888) February 5, 2014

Thanks, that's sounds about right, but can I hide the Assign button from the view issue screen?

Ayelet (888) February 10, 2014

hi

do you know if hiding the Assign button is possible?

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2014

you can try with following JS by adding in announcement banner

<script type="text/javascript">  
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
	JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e,context) {
		hideAssigneeOperation();
	});
		hideAssigneeOperation();

function hideAssigneeOperation(){	
		var projectName = $.trim($("#project-name-val").text());
		var issueType =  $.trim($("#type-val").text());
		if(projectName == 'JIRA' && issueType == 'Defect')		
			$("#assign-issue").hide();		
		else
			$("#assign-issue").show();			

}
});
</script>

if it worked then i suggest to remove the code from announcement banner and load it as webresource module in a plugin, for your reference check this

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Web+Resource+Plugin+Module

Ayelet (888) February 10, 2014

Thank you. will try that.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2014

That's really not a simple change. The "status buttons" are not performing simple actions, they're triggering movements of an issue through the workflow, which means conditions, validators, screens, post-functions, and so-on.

To take the simple action you've suggested - you want to go from "in progress" to "resolved". Specifically, how would you handle the screen this transition needs to present to the user to gather resolution information?

Two options spring to mind

1) A hack to remove "assign" from the options on an issue, forcing people to use transitions if they want to re-assign issues

2) Use a listener to catch "issue assigned" and perform the relevant transition when people do it.

Ayelet (888) February 5, 2014

Thanks but #2 is not that easy since not all statuses have a predefined assignee.

I will think it throught. Thank you.

Suggest an answer