Adding the Time tracking screen during ticket transition

Karan Mathur April 8, 2019

We are trying to work on a modal wherein our developers add the estimated hours they will require to work on a particular ticket in-order estimate their capacity and availability. We currently use JIRA cloud.

I'm trying to add the following screen when they transition the ticket from "New Ticket" to "To do" to get the estimated time required for the ticket (Time remaining). Is there any way I can edit the titles for the same?

Screenshot 2019-04-08 at 1.30.54 PM.png

Following which when they complete work on the ticket and transition the ticket from "Work in progress" to "Completed" I would like them to add the time they had taken to complete the ticket.

I was able to add a screen for "Logged time" as shown below but this does not serve my requirements as they will be able to edit the original estimate and can only enter the time remaining on each task rather the amount of time spent on the task.

Screenshot 2019-04-08 at 1.35.04 PM.png

Is there any way I can get the following screen to appear on transition? or are there any alternative approaches I can take to tackle this issue?

Screenshot 2019-04-08 at 1.30.54 PM.png

The main problem I'm looking to solve here are as follows:

1. Get an estimate on every task before a developer starts work on the ticket
  2. Get the amount to hours they have spent on the ticket when they complete work on the ticket
  3. Ensure that the process is easy for the developers to use on a regular basis.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2019

Hello @Karan Mathur 

You can add the "Log work" field on the transition screen and something like the following should appear on the transition, thus the users can log work and not edit the original estimation.

image.png

Karan Mathur April 8, 2019

Thank you @Tarun Sapra 

How did you make the time spent field mandatory? 

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2019

How did you make the time spent field mandatory? 

I used the Jira Suite utilities (JSU) plugin to make the field time spent mandatory in the transition validation section. So the field will be mandatory for the screens mapped to the transition which in my case is the screen containing the "log work" field.

Karan Mathur May 22, 2019

Thank you @Tarun Sapra

Suggest an answer