I've a very "big" workflow. I want to add 3 statuses that can be reachable from all other statuses and I can go from that status to any other status.
Is there a smart way to do it - without needing to set transition from every status to each one and from each one to all other statuses ?
Hello @Dani Kaplan
Thank you for reaching out.
The easiest way to allow issues in those three statuses to transition to any status and vice-versa would be by:
- Navigate to your Workflows > Click to edit it
- Click on each of the three statuses and flag the option Allow all statuses to transition to this one:
- Click to add a new transition > add new transitions that go from one of the three statuses you created to all the others.
- Once you do it, click to create a new transition and do the same thing for the other two status, however, using the reuse transition functionality to optimize it
Another option would be:
- Click on each of the all the statuses and flag the option Allow all statuses to transition to this one, adding the "Previous Status Condition" to block the specific status that should not be able to transition to other one
Let me know if this information helps.
First step was helpful (but it only available in graphic designer)
the 2nd step wasn't clear:
"add new transitions that go from one of the three statuses you created to all the others" - I didn't find a way to do the opposite (from one to --> all) it only allows to add one at a time.
Indeed, the second step I provided would be to create transitions to each status one at a time and then click on "reuse transition" under the create transition pop-up to do the same for the other two status. Sorry that I didn't make it more clear.
I understand that this step would be a little cumbersome to be implemented depending on how many statuses you have, that's why I suggested the second option to allow all statuses to receive all transitions (Flagging the option mentioned in step 1 for all statuses) and use the "Previous Status Condition" to block specific exceptions where the user should not be able to transition the issue.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Hi Atlassian community, A few months ago, we offered a sneak peak of the new hierarchy view on the roadmap. Thank you for all the feedback (and excitement) and for helping us shape the direction of...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events