Adding sprint to the filter makes subtasks disappear

Sara May 31, 2020

I want to create a filter that shows all issues with status "To Do" in my current sprint.

This filter doesn't return subtasks:

issuetype in (standardIssueTypes(), "Action Item", Bug, Epic, Story, Task, Subtask) AND project = DEV AND status = "To Do" AND Sprint in (openSprints()) ORDER BY priority DESC, status ASC, created DESC

However, if I use the same filter but remove the "Sprint in (openSprints())" , I can see subtasks returned in the results. Even the subtasks from the current sprint.

issuetype in (standardIssueTypes(), "Action Item", Bug, Epic, Story, Task, Subtask) AND project = DEV AND status = "To Do" ORDER BY priority DESC, status ASC, created DESC

This bug makes it hard for me to see all issues that are ready to be worked on.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2020

Hello @Sara

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you confirm to us if the project you are specifying in your JQL query (DEV) is a Next-gen project?

If that's the case, we have reported this behavior as a bug to be fixed with the Next-gen API:

Unable to search for subtasks when filtered by sprint 

Feel free to vote and watch the bug to increase its priority and also receive notifications about its fix implementation.

Unfortunately, we don't have a viable workaround to this bug at the moment, except for migrating your work to a Classic project where the bug does not happen.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Sara June 2, 2020

Yes indeed it's a Next Gen project.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2020

Thank you for confirming @Sara

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

simon August 28, 2022

The bug is 3 years old. Can you please fix it? I added my vote to the bug report. 

Like Patrik Smeds likes this
Sebastián Ortega May 5, 2023

Still not fixed!!!!!  @Petter Gonçalves 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS