Adding issue from one instance to epic in another instance

Kalai April 27, 2021

If I get two Jira instances "Application linked", I know I can link issues between the two. Is it possible to add issues from one instance to the epic in another instance? 

I don't want to use Jira align.

Some back story: I want to use a template to create an epic in one project and stories in that epic in various other projects. This way it's tracked under it's own project for milestones and I can check it in my project what projects a particular issue is fixed from my epic. I understand I can do it in one jira instance. But I have a few projects using another instance, is there a way I can automate creating the issue with templates and see them under this same epic?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kit Friend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2021

No sorry, this isn't possible without using an intermediary service like Jira Align. 

(Arguably there's some, slightly frustrating, logic here - Epics are 'big stories' and thus it's reasonable that they 'belong' to one team/project/board - if something is disparate enough that it's in another instance it's more likely a dependency on similar rather than 'part' of the epic). 

Kalai May 6, 2021

OK. We do use Align for our program increments, but this was a specific requirement from a team. Like you said I don't think this particular ask is possible at this time! Thanks for your response. 

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2021

Hi @Kalai

while I am not affiliated with the vendor in any way and to my previous knowledge the whole logic relies on Software Boards (Kanban/Scrum) but NOT the issues directly (in terms of creating, updating issues) there is an App which promises to cater that need (please see Marketplace here in case you want to evaluate).

Although we had seen this requirement in the past we finally not decided to go for it why I cannot tell you if this is all you would need - you could have a look, though.

Regards,
Daniel

Kalai May 6, 2021

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm not sure if it is worth buying a plugin for this. If I end up trying this plugin, I'll update how it goes!

Suggest an answer