It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Adding icons to custome fields Edited

Hi all. I know ive done this in the past, but I feel like perhaps this is no longer a function? I have two custom fields, severity and priority, which have the entries Low, Minor Major, Critical and Blocker. The default priorities field in JIRA has icons in it and displays that icon in the list/database view for easy recognition. When I set up these two new custom fields so I could add my own terms in, I cannot see an option to add in an icon, just add new value or move position in the list. Can anyone help with this? The only discussions ive found so far are very very out of date.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Janine,

The option to add icons to options for custom fields is not currently available for Jira.
We had a feature request for Jira Server suggesting this, but it got opened for almost 8 years with zero votes.

If you need to add more priorities, it's possible to add and edit the system priorities.
Please, go to Jira Settings > Issues > Priorities.

Screenshot 2019-04-16_16-56-10.png

For Severity, it won't be able to change because it's a custom field.

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Angélica

@Angélica Luz Is there any way to get that feature request re-opened to see if can get some traction on it?

Hi Steve,

As the feature was old, it's not recommended to reopen it. Instead, we can create a new one.

Feel free to raise one on jira.atlassian.com (project JRACLOUD) adding more details about why this feature is important for your environment or post here and I'll create the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Hi @Janine Daniels and @Steve Maccharoli,

Just to give you an update, I found a feature request suggesting the ability to customize colors and icons for custom fields:

Please, click to vote and watch to receive updates.

Regards,
Angélica

Hi @Angélica Luz

Thanks for the head's up.  I've voted for the issue, and added myself as a Watcher

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

334 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you