Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Adding attachment to Jira ticket created from confiform

Hi

I'm trying to add an attachment to a jira ticket I'm creating from my confiform, but the attachment isn't appearing in jira.

I have done what the examples say and 

"drop a ConfiForms Field (referencing your file/attachments field) inside the same IFTTT macro body what creates the Jira issue"

but its not working.  Anyone else got this to work?

2 answers

Hi,

Could you please help me what you filled in iftttresults_jiraid? I would like to print jira stories on confiform page. I have things done with creating jira stories but would like to display the same on confiform page back.

Hi

It is the name (for convenience) of the IFTTT macro that creates Jira issue

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 08.59.27.png

Alex

image.pngimage.png

I have mentioned "entryId = [entry.id] & JID = ${iftttResult_JIRAID}" in Parameters. However it shows unknown macro

This is a bug in Confluence macro placeholder renderer - no worries there, but..

Change ${iftttResult_JIRAID} to [iftttResult_JIRAID]

Also.. why do you have spaces everywhere? Do you want to add the values WITH spaces?!

entryId=[entry.id]&JID=[iftttResult_JIRAID]

I have removed the spaces now and macro looks fine. However, it is not displaying Jira story on the confiform page.  Please check if registration control handles the table view or something else.image.png

Hi

Does it create a "Story" for you in Jira? Do you have a JID field in your form?

Hard to advice anything looking at this screenshot, as it does not show enough details about the form and it's configuration

If you dont feel like sharing here more details feel free to open a support ticket with use on a private channel

Alex

Could you share the configuration you have for ConfiForms IFTTT that creates the Jira issue?

Thanks for the reply, here's a screenshot of it.  First is the defination of the form, which includes the ticketAttachment.  Then there is the registration control, again with the ticketAttachment.  

The IFTTT creates the jira ticket, and i have the ticketAttachment within that.  

I do also have a table which shows the data, the attachment does appear there, but it isnt' in the jira created.

snip2.PNGFirst of all, put the following IFTTT outside the one that creates the Jira issue

Also, does this creates an issue in Jira?

That fixed it, thanks a million :) 

It was creating the jira ticket, but just missing the attachment.  Moving the ifftresult piece out has fixed the attachment part.

Good night, I want to replicate the functionality of sending an attachment to the jira issue from the confiform, however I don't know what is the object that you moved from its location (iftttresult_jiraid), could you help me?

snip2.PNG

In adition I don't have Confiform form field control's, I have Confiform Form Field Definition

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ Thanks a lot for your assistance

This is a https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Configuring+ConfiForms+IFTTT+actions+and+rules#ConfiguringConfiFormsIFTTTactionsandrules-Create(Update)ConfiFormsEntry 

With parameters set to

entryId=[entry.id]&jiraTicket=[iftttResult_jiraID]

(in the screenshot above an old way of accessing IFTTT results is used via ${iftttResult_jiraID} and Confluence editor fails to render it properly... that is why you see what you see)

More on creating Jira tickets from ConfiForms form submissions you can find here https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Creating+Jira+issue+from+Confluence+with+ConfiForms

Alex

Suggest an answer