Adding an issue to an agile board

Fredric Newberg April 9, 2013

I have an issue in Jira that another developer added to the system. When I click on the "View on Board" link in the "Agile" section of the issue view, I get the following error message:

"There are no boards which contain this issue."

How can I assign this issue to a board?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

Hi Fredric,

Each board has a corresponding filter; if the issue falls under the perimeters of a filter associated with a board, you can navigate to that board and find the issue in your backlog.

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

Hmm, that's strange - is the issue currently in a status that is mapped to your final/Done column of your board? That would prevent it from showing up (as GreenHopper would think it was "Done").

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2013

As Natalie said you have to check if the issue has a status that should be listed in the board.

Hey Natalie,

Thanks for your response. The issue shows up when I view the filter, so it seems like it should be associated with the board, but it doesn't show up anywhere in the boards.

This issue has status set to "resolved", but other issues in the sprint have that too and the other issues show up in the done column (with strikethrough formatting for the issue number) in the "Work" view and in the "Completed issues" section in the "Report" view.

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2013

The issues showing up in work and report view are there because they had been added to sprints before they began - if a developer created this issue and it was not added to a sprint before it was put to "Resolved" then it's not going to show up at all. You'll either need to get it back to a status that will allow it to appear in your plan view backlog, or manually edit the issue to add it to a sprint.

Thanks Natalie! That explains what happened. When I reopened the issue, it appeared and after putting it in the sprint and then resolving it it now shows up in the work and report views too.

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2013

Awesome! Glad I was able to help you troubleshoot the problem. :)

Suggest an answer