Adding a Group to a Issue Security Scheme

Tony Lister October 11, 2019

Hi 

I have created an Issue Security Scheme and associated it with a project for which I want to restrict access.

I have created a Group associated with that project.

Now I am on the screen to Add a Group to the Issue Security Scheme. When I select the option Group (to be added), the only entry in the dropdown is "Anyone". I was expecting to see the Group that I created for the project so I can add that to the Security Scheme.

Suggestions please on where I have gone wrong and what I need to do?

Many thanks,

Tony

image.png

2 answers

1 vote
Aitor Bermejo Cacho October 11, 2019

Hello @Tony Lister , 

check the permission for that group first, if this group have browse permissions on the project.

Then, try to refresh your page, can be possible that jira doesnt finish to load yet.

Tony Lister October 11, 2019

Hi Aitor,

Thank you for answering my query. Your answer makes sense to me, however, I have looked for where I can set the permission for the group in question (CDP-Developers) but cannot find it!

See my screen shots of the area where I have been trying to do this.

More help please!

Thank you,

Tony

image.png

image.png

1 vote
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2019

Seems like a pretty simple thing - would you mind reviewing your Creation of Group - browser refresh perhaps.

Tony Lister October 12, 2019

Hello Vickey,

Glad you think it's simple. But, I still can't get it to work myself.

I've been back into Group creation and details but can't see what I need to change here to make this show up as an available group for a new Issue Security Scheme.

More help please?

Many thanks,

Tony

Here is a screen shot of my group

image.png

Suggest an answer