Adding Status to Create Issue Screen

Brian_Sensale
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 11, 2019

Hi, I'm looking for way to customize the Create Issue Screen. Right now, there's a transition from Create to the Triage status. However, I would love for our users to be able to override this and set the status to another when creating the issue. Today they have to create the issue, then edit it to change the status from Triage. I'd still like Triage to be the default, just provide a way to override it when the user knows it doesn't need to go through Triage.

2 answers

1 vote
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2019

What you could do is create a custom field for the status you would like to go to and then use some automation. (Automation for Jira, Script runner, power scripts, Update on transition, JSU to name a few options) to automatically transition to the status in the custom field after it arrives in the Triage status.

JSU for example has a "follow up transition" post function. You would need to play with conditions to make sure that only 1 transition is ever valid, but it would work.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2019

You can't do this - status is not a field, it's an indicator of where an issue is in a process.  It doesn't exist until the issue exists, and the create process has to set it to what the workflow says it begins with.

Suggest an answer