Added Editor to Dashboard but User Is Still Unable to Edit

Kathleen O_Connor May 15, 2020

Hello, 

I added a particular user as an editor to my dashboard but he is still unable to edit the dashboard from his account. I am also an editor of the dashboard (not the owner) but I have no problem editing it. 

What could cause this problem and how do I troubleshoot? 

Thank you! 

3 answers

2 votes
maguialahmar June 2, 2021

There is a known bug by Atlassian https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-69192 

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2020

@Kathleen O_Connor 

Can you please share the steps on how you granted this user permissions to a Dashboard that is not yours?

If you provide the steps we may be able to find the issue.

Best,

Fadoua

Kathleen O_Connor May 18, 2020

Hi Fadoua, 

Thank you for your response. I do the following:

• Go to Edit screen
  • Under Add Editors, select add user
  • Put in user's name 
  • Click add button
  • Click update button 

The person's name shows up as an editor. I have also shared the editing capabilities with a group and the person is in that same group as well. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2020

@Kathleen O_Connor 

Did you ask the dashboard owner to add the user? Please let's try it.

Best,

Fadoua

Yes, the dashboard owner was the first one to do it. They pointed out the problem to me. We tried it again but this is all the person can see:

2020-05-18_1502.png

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2020

@Kathleen O_Connor 

I will need you to try 2 things:

• Have the user try it on different browsers. Also ask user to clear their history/cookies.
  • Have your jira system admin log in with the user's credentials from his/her computer. To see if he/she will get the same behaviour than the user. I want to make sure that it is not an issue with user's profile.

Let me know how it goes.

BEst,

Fadoua

Elycia Abdala juco September 25, 2020

Was there a resolution to this issue?

Elycia Abdala juco October 5, 2020

FYI, I noticed that the functionality now works...  My co-worker is able to make edits to the dashboard.

Ben Radlinski January 26, 2021

I can't get this to work on version 8.7.1, what version are you running @Elycia Abdala juco ?

0 votes
Geoff Mether _Togetha Group_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2020

Hi @Kathleen O_Connor  I've got some simple questions here, hopefully they help (I've encountered these several times when troubleshooting).

1. Is the person logged in? The dashboard might still be visible even without them being logged in.  So just make sure they have logged in.

2. Is it a filter they are trying to modify? Not the actual dashboard.  In which case, they need permission to edit the filters.

Hope that helps.

Geoff

Hello Geoff, 

Thanks for the reply! No, they are not trying to edit the filter. They are just trying to edit the dashboard but the Edit option doesn't appear for them even while logged in. 

It's a mystery to me! 

Suggest an answer