Add web link

Neelesh PB December 14, 2022

I have assigned 200 tasks to different person. All tasks are done in Google Drive sheet and under each task they added the concerned sheet by using add web link option. Now I wish get all attachments (done by using add weblink) in a single search. (by using filter or any other methods). Is it possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

@Neelesh PB 

This post appears to be a duplicate of another post by you. Is that correct, or am I missing some difference between them?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Filter-attache/qaq-p/2216926

It may be duplicate. But I didn't get any answer. It would be grateful if leader assist please.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

It is not necessary to post your question more than once. Community members can filter for unanswered questions to find the ones that still need answering. 

Also, adjust your expectations about how quickly your questions will be answered. This is a community of users of the Atlassian products participating on a voluntary basis, including the Community Leaders. The members of the community are not able to devote all of their time reviewing and answering questions. It could take hours or even days for somebody with the right knowledge to see and respond to your question.

Understood. I apologise. My eagerness lead me to repeat question. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2022

I do not use Google Drive sheets with Jira. Can you provide more information?

1. Did you transfer the information in your Google Drive sheet into Jira?

2. Are you trying to extract information from Jira, or directly from the Google Drive sheet?

3. If you are trying to extract information from Jira, are the items you are trying to extract actually attachments on Jira issues, or did you just add a Web Link on the Jira issues to point to files that are stored somewhere else?

Sir, I just added web link on the jira issue to point to files that are stored somewhere else. 

Now I wish to get all such link by using filter.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2022

I'm not sure that I am understanding what you are trying to accomplish.

Are you trying to create a filter that will select issues based on a criteria for the web links?

Are you trying to get a list of all the issues that have any kind of web link, with the URLs for those web links?

Are you trying to download the content that is referenced by the web links?

Neelesh PB December 15, 2022

Sir, I am trying to get a list of all the issues that have any kind of web link, with the URLs for those web links.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2022

There does not appear to be a built-in solution for this.

If you are open to using a third party app, then JQL Search Extensions for Jira provides a function called remoteLinksCount that would allow you to do that.

Neelesh PB December 15, 2022

Thank you Sir. Let me try JWL search extensions.

Neelesh PB December 19, 2022

Sir, Thank you for the guidance. I tried. Unfortunately I do not have permission to view the results.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2022

Please provide screen images of your attempt and the results you got, including error messages.

Neelesh PB December 20, 2022

Ok Sir. I will

Suggest an answer