Add to Category drop down list

Ernie Zahn May 9, 2022

How do you add additional values to the Category drop down list on create issue screen.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

If you are seeing "category" on the create issue screens, then it is a custom field that one of your administrators has added to your system.

To get more options into the list, get your admins to go to Admin -> Issues -> Custom fields -> <Category field> configure, where they will be able to amend the list of options.

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

Hi @Ernie Zahn welcome to the Atlassian community.

As far as I knew you can't add new status to the already available category list in the Jira Cloud version. If considering at server level, then this documentation steps will come handy.

Ernie Zahn May 9, 2022

I don't want to add new statuses, I want to add new Categories.

Like G subramanyam likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2022

Hi @Ernie Zahn thank you for clarifying the query. Let's wait to hear from other members.

Ernie Zahn May 9, 2022

There is a link to add new project categories, but all it does is let you name a new group of project categories and does not let you add items to the list.  I'm not really sure what this page is doing.categoryAdd.PNG

Suggest an answer