Add rules to Scrum Board

Abby O_Connell March 27, 2023

Hello! I'm looking to add rules to my Scrum Board, but don't see a place to do this. I've been referencing this document on how to do so: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/add-rules-to-your-team-managed-board/

On my board, I do not see the three dots. Instead, it has a "Board" drop-down with the following options: Configure, Copy, Create board, Hide detail view, Show versions panel, Hide epics panel, Hide epic labels, Print cards, Xray - Document Generator.

This is the rule I'd like to add: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/rule/1357182

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Abby O_Connell,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The documentation you found only applies to Jira Cloud, Jira Data Center/Server do not have team-managed projects.

The rule you want to apply is an automation and you do that from Project settings > Automation, not from your Scrum board. Note that you need to have at least project admin permissions to create automation.

Abby O_Connell March 27, 2023

Thanks @Mikael Sandberg - I went to the "Project Settings" area, but I don't see the "Automation" section. The side bar has the following tabs:

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 11.39.05 AM.png

Thanks for your help!

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Automation used to be an app that you had to install, but is now part of the platform as long as you are on the latest version. So my guess is that you are not that that is why you do not see automation.

Suggest an answer