Add-on Licensing

Paul Burton June 23, 2016

Riddle me this.

Part of my organization runs Confluence and JIRA with a 10000 user license.

Another part of my org runs STASH with a 2000 user license.

My 20 person team is the only group that has these items joined together for 'maximum efficiency'. wink

My team would like to include some JIRA add-ons so that we can do workflow, etc., but the rest of the organization doesn't care about them.

As I understand it, to plug the add-on into JIRA I'd have to get a 10000 user license for the add-on. My dept doesn't have the budget for this. The rest of the org has no interest in the add-on.

What do I do? Is there a way for me to get the affordable and appropriately sized add-on license installed.

I've heard talk that some companies run up multiple versions of JIRA/Confluence to get around this, but that seems like a crazy approach to take as the benefit is having all of the information in one place.

Surely, this must lead to many lost opportunities when groups are forced to choose other solutions rather than the Atlassian add-on? Is this licensing model limiting the spread of add-ons into larger organizations and reducing potential markets for the various plug-ins?

A genuine query from a fan of your products.

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user June 23, 2016

I totally agree with you Paul. I am facing similar issue here with JIRA Enterprise Version. I heard from one of the add on vendor that the price is for the business benefit of the product and not for the number of users. I asked immediately about the use of tier for licensing.

One easier way is to write scripts based on your needs, but is not easy to maintain.

Suggest an answer