Add issue to a closed sprint

LorenC February 10, 2015

Hi,

We're new to Atlassian and have some closed issues with no sprints assigned. I want to assign them to a closed sprint (when the work was done).

I've looked at: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/141766 and https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/66505 But those answers are not working for me.

The Retrospective url for the board is : RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=1&view=reporting&chart=sprintRetrospective&sprint=1

but adding "1",. "Sprint 1", or "sprint=1" to the Sprint field when editing results in a "XX is not a valid sprint name."

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

4 answers

1 vote
Jose Raupp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015

Hi Loren,

I'm afraid that the Retrospective url doesn't work anymore. To find the ID of a given sprint, please try following the instructions from:

Cheers,

Jose

0 votes
Lauren Pennisi January 6, 2017

Just tried to add the SprintID number to the Sprint field on a closed story and JIRA declared the Sprint invalid and moved the ticket to the backlog.

This solution did not work for me. The only other way to add a ticket back is to reopen the sprint. Any other suggestions?

Edward Basiliere December 27, 2017

You should be able to add the Sprint ID to the sprint field using a bulk-change on the issue search screen.

Aman Sood October 26, 2018

Sprint Id can be added, however it needs to be a valid(not closed) sprint. It still does not allow adding the sprint id of a closed sprint.

Ignore the above comment, it works.. Thanks a lot

0 votes
Deleted user July 6, 2016

Do a search for the issue(s) you're trying to add, example: "key = ISSUE-1234" or "key in (ISSUE-1234, ISSUE-5678)". After the result appears, do a Bulk Change -> Edit and add the sprint id in the Sprint field.

0 votes
CinziaS April 2, 2016

Same problem here, I need to add a story to a closed sprint, but the only story I can select in the sprint field is the current sprint.

Suggest an answer