Add existing test to test coverage in Story

Marte Skrunes Ellingsen February 5, 2020

Hi,

System: Jira Xray

Problem: Cannot link existing test to the entity "Test Coverage". We've created a lot of tests in Xray, and linked them manually to stories (using "Linked issues"). Now we've defined Story to be test covered in the settings (using this instruction: https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/XRAYCLOUD/Project+Settings%3A+Test+Coverage), but when I create reports to see Test Coverage for a defined Test Plan it seems to be none. 

Question: How can I link existing tests to the entity "Test Coverage" to get my reports / Dashboards to be correct?

Capture.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
bilal_hussain January 21, 2021

The other way to handle this issue is that if you have already created the test ticket, and wants to cover for a specific story, then just go to the story and in link issues user "Is tested by" and add the test ticket number as a result when you refresh you will see that the story is covered

0 votes
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 11, 2020

Hi Marte, 

Can you please verify if in Jira Administration >> "Jira Settings", "Field Configurations", if the field "Linked Issues" is hidden? It's necessary for Xray that this field remains visible.

If this not solves the problem, please contact us through our Service Desk.

Best Regards,

Team Xray

marte-skrunes.ellingsen February 14, 2020

Thanks for contacting me. Unfortunately it's not easy for the Project to get the SEN-number, so I wasn't able to send a request through your service desk. 

Your suggested solution did not work for us, the field is visible.

More information to the problem: The test-coverage are working as expected on tasks that was being linked to tests after the setting was done. 

José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 20, 2020

Hi Marte, 

Here's a guide to help you find your SEN: https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/how-to-find-your-support-entitlement-number-sen-229840018.html

Reach out to our support team and they'll guide you through the process to solve your issue.

Best Regards,

Team Xray

Tuck April 16, 2020

Has this been resolved?  I am having the same issue and needing to be able to use existing tests on a story and would like to not have to create a duplicate test case.  

marte-skrunes.ellingsen April 16, 2020

Hi, yes. You must link the existing Test to the issue by using "Tests", and search up the issue. It's better to do it from the Test-issue type, not from the Story / Bug / Epic. You will then see that its covered from the Story / Bug / Epic the test is linked up to.Linked issue from test-issue.JPG

Like # people like this
Tuck April 21, 2020

Great!  Thank you for your response.  

Like # people like this
Athiq Roger November 2, 2020

Hi Marte,

I am also facing same issue. Can you pls explain how did it worked for you with flow and some screenshot?

marte-skrunes.ellingsen November 2, 2020

Hi! If you see my screenshot its from a task. Open your test-issue type instead, and choose "Linke Issue" and then choose "Tests.." and find you task / story. It should be linked correctly. 

Hi Marte,

I have created xray test issue type only. But still it is not coming under Test Coverage.

Screenshot below for your reference.

I want TAR-21 to come under test coverage. Pls help

Untitled.png

marte-skrunes.ellingsen November 2, 2020

You must change the relation to "Tests", its currently set to "is blocked by". 

1. Open TAR-21

2. Change the linked value from "is blocked by" to "tests", and select TAR-20

Please let me know if this helps.

Marte

Perfect... It is showing properly now.

Thank you Marte. :) 

Regards,

Atheeq

Like marte-skrunes.ellingsen likes this
Asher Sinha March 4, 2021

@Marte Skrunes Ellingsen I tried your method but I still see my story is uncovered despite associating test as tests. Please help:test coverage.png

Sean McC March 16, 2022

@Asher Sinha Update your linked issue on your bug so it is 'tested by' PLUS-6135. This should reverse the direction of the relationship and show the bug as 'covered'. From the screenshot, it's opposite way. 

Like Asher Sinha likes this

Suggest an answer