Add comments without workflow changes

Lisa Montalto September 6, 2017

In my Workflow drop down I have In Progress and Done. I want to add two more options. How do I do that?

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2017

You need to modify the workflow in order to add more statuses/transitions under the Worflow drop down. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver074/working-with-workflows-881683683.html

But to add a comment to an issue you don't need to have a workflow transition for it, as long as you have browse and comment permission in the project.

Lisa Montalto September 7, 2017

Hi Mikael  - I found workflows and was able to add the options I needed but am stuck on one of them. The stepID was already named Done and I want edit it to something else, but it won't let me or I can't find where to do that?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

Assuming you are using the default workflow that look something like this.

Software Simplified Workflow.png

The All indicate that it is an global transition, meaning that all statuses can transition to that status no matter what status it is transition from. Note that renaming a status is global, so all workflows that are using that status will be affected.

If your workflow look something like this

Project Management Workflow.png

And you want to rename the Done transition (circled), you need to remove the existing one and then create a new transition.

Suggest an answer