Add comment makes Chrome tab freeze

Aldo Armesto
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2020

I'm new to Jira/atlassian. My team and I want to use it for a small project and to get to know it. We only have one issue at this moment. Any time I want to add a comment to that issue, the entire tab stops working and the only way to "make it work again" is to close it and re-open it. I read another post in which the person said he would wait a few minutes and the tab would finally work but it is not working for me. This is the chain of events:

1.- enter the site using the link provided in the invite.

2.- select the project.

3.- left-hand panel, select "issues and filters"

4.- try to enter a comment. The moment I press any key on my key

Thanks.

jira.pngboard, the tab stops responding.

2 answers

0 votes
Syed Ishaq B. May 27, 2021

[#] SOLUTION [#]

I have been super frustrated dealing with this issue for over one month now -- a productivity nightmare!

So I did some digging and turns out this Jira/Confluence freeze scenario has little to do with Atlassian but the browser extensions and apps that we have installed.

A way to troubleshoot is to:

1. turn off all extensions and apps in your browser
  2. delete all cookies and cache for all Atlassian products
  3. restart the browser (important)
  4. you should be able to edit now

Now you can cut down to one or two extensions which might be causing this by turning them on one by one and restarting the browser to see the behaviour.

In my case it was the Kaspersky anti-malware browser extension that was causing the freeze on latest versions of Chrome and Safari. I have opened a support case with them and shared all technical details. Hopefully they'll be able to fix this bug so I can turn it back on. Ticket# INC000012856780

mhogains93
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 5, 2021

I tried the first step and turned off all my extension and that worked. I took it a step further turned on each extension then realized it seems like kaspersky security extension (version 21.1.0.1) once enabled causes the issue to return. 

arobinson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 24, 2024

I have experienced this issue every day for the last week or two and have taken to using Firefox for just accessing Jira since this prevents me from working in Jira on Chrome. This isn't great because our organization uses a Chrome extension for Jira templates.

0 votes
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2020

Hello Aldo,

Welcome to the community and my apologies for the inconvenience that you are facing, I really understand how frustrating this can be.

From what it seems, I would strongly recommend performing some tests, gathering some more information and opening a ticket with the Atlassian Support to investigate your performance issue.

Before opening the ticket I recommend checking the following information:

1. Your issue is happening with all browsers (Firefox, Safari...) or just with Chrome?
  2. Are other users facing the same issue or just your user?
  3. Have you tried on a different computer to validate if this is happening with all computers using your Jira Cloud instance or just yours?
  4. When opening the ticket with Atlassian provide them with a HAR file of your browser, in case you don't provide it they will probably ask you to generate one so they can analyze the requests that your browser is performing. To check how to generate a HAR file please check the documentation: Generating HAR files and analyzing web requests 

Last but not least, to open a ticket with Atlassian Support you can just access here. 

Please give a try and let me know if it helps.

Have a nice day ahead.

Cheers,

Carlos 

Aldo Armesto
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 26, 2020

Good evening,

The issue only seems to be happening with Chrome. I just tried on Edge and I could add a comment and it was immediately posted. So, I guess I'll be using MS Edge. Another member of the DevTeam told me with Chrome it does take some time for the comment to "react". He mentioned "several minutes" but on his machine it actually ended up working. On mine, nope. So, again, it'll be Edge for me.

Thanks.

Like carlosughini likes this
Dornubari Vizor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 15, 2020

I am experiencing this issue as well

Gilad Strul - yad2
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 15, 2020

me too, any solution?

Suggest an answer