Add an email notification on certain status change

Hi all, 

i have a new column that is called Review and i want to create a email notification to a certain recipient whenever an issue goes to that column. I am a little bit confused about how this works. I read lot around that but i didn't manage to do it.. Any help would be more than welcome!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Jan 10, 2018

Hello,

Do you mean that there is a Status called Review. If so, then you have to create a custom event and then fire this event on the transiton which leads to the Review status. Then you setup the project notification scheme to whom emails must be send if this custom event fires. You can find more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/configure-a-custom-event-notification-for-a-specific-jira-workflow-transition-or-status-720831525.html

My problem that when i create an event according to the documentation, i cannot find the default email template for the event created. 

See in the screenshot the available choices for the template..Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 12.03.41.png

Choose Generic Event

I did that and i added me and one other to get notified, but again we don't get any notification. I published also the changes for my workflow!

Anything else that i should check?

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 13.07.58.png

Could you make a screenshot of the list of the post-functions in the transaction? I would like to see how you fire the custom event.

I guess, you ve done everything. It must work......

Yeap, i was thinking the same.. :)

It worked after some time.. :/

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,815 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot