Add a prefix to a label

Lecathelinais Eric July 31, 2017

Hello,

I would like, when creating an issue, add a prefix to the labels entered.
I assume I need to add a post_function to my workflow (after Creates the issue originally.)

Is there a simple way to rename each label in a list? By adding a prefix (and only if there is not already)

thanks for your help

Eric

2 answers

0 votes

And perhaps I can enforce the reporter to add the prefix on the create screen ... with a validator.

Is it make sense ??

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2017

You could try by using the Regular Expression Check validator, but as far as I know that only works on Custom Fields. You would need to replace your label field with a custom field of label type.

Depending on what kind of entries you are expecting to receive, there may be a better field type to use in the first place. I would consider stepping back a bit and telling us about what kind of data you are trying to store, how often it changes, etc and perhaps we can offer an easier solution.

Ok,

I am working on Jira since 2-3 month (so I am again a beginner)

My company have about 250 projects on the Jira instance.
For one of these projects (with more 15000 issues), when a reporter creates a problem, he must think of adding this prefix in the labels field. Sometimes, he can forget

So the PM asks me if it is possible to enforce a prefix.

It is important for him to easily find their labels and also ensure others don't use them.

Then I can't replace this field by a custom field.
Maybe the best way is to do it with ScriptRunner (but I'm not too comfortable with the scripts)

Thanks

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2017

I believe you would need to use something like ScriptRunner for this.

Thanks Boris for your reply

Suggest an answer