Add a new watcher

Hello,

I would like to add new watchers in my Jiras.

Could you tell me how can I do that.

Thanks for your help.

Nehama

4 answers

1 accepted

5 votes

If you click the number next to "Watch" or "Watching" (differs depending on whether or not you are a watcher yourself yet), you will see a little box appear with the current watchers of the issue. When you have the proper permissions, this will also include a text field in which you can add users in order to make them wathcer of the issue.

So I obviously can't. Is it possible to have the access?

In order to see if you have the propper permissions, do the following.
From the top bar of your instance, select the relevant project you want to check the permissions, or search it up from there., Once you accessed the project, tap "g+g" to open the administration search window, and search for "Permissions". This will display the project permissions to you. Now, search for "Manage watchers" and look which users/project roles have this permission. If it displays project roles only, tap "g+g" again and search for "Roles" . You will get 2 options, "User Management" and "JIRA". Choose for JIRA, and check in the next screen to which project role your account has been assigned.

If you are not an administrator on the instance itself, or an admin to the project, please have some one with these rights check this for you.

can you check the permissions if you're allowed to "Manage Watchers"

I'm not sure I have the permission to 'manage watchers".

When I go to More Action Watchers I can't do anything except cancel my name

I'm sorry i'm quite hopeless with the Jiras but I don't find this way

are you the project admin?

View permissions inside the projects admin panel

No i'm not the project admin

ok.

i suggest you ask him to grant this permission to you then.

ok i will do that. Are you able to tell me the name of this person?

thanks

sorry no...the person who set up your ondemand jira projects should be the one to ask

Erm, it's your system, not ours. Have a look at the "contact administrators" link if you've got it. Ask your project leads, or your support people or your boss.

I've asked the project admin.

Thanks

Hello,

How can I close my demand if it's resolved?

Thanks for your help

Nehama

no need to close. simply accept the answers that helped you solving your issue

Hmm you think your own answer was the correct one? At least micks answer should be accepted

sorry i was thinking that if i accept any answer it was good.

Finally as you told to me, I've asked the project manager to add the authorization. So which answer I have to accept?

ok in that case my answer that said

"can you check the permissions if you're allowed to "Manage Watchers"

but still Micks answers is correct too....because it answers your "how to add watcher" question. depending on the missing background info that came up during discussing so i suggest to accept his answer as well

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

113 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you